Friday 25 July 2008

Korean Craze!!! 한국어(Hangul)

Its been awhile since i last updated this blog.. its because during my free time i'm learning korean known as hangul 한국어 instead. Here are some basic greetings and phases which im sure you all (K-drama fans) would have come across. I think I've been learning korean for 1 month now but its kind of a on off thing (doing it when im free).

Lots of my friend has asked me why did i even want to learn korean?? and not French or japanese or even worse my own 'should be' mother tongue Mondrian??!!! i think my vocabulary for mandarin is the same as Japanese.. What can i say, i'm a banana white on the inside yellow on the outside oh by the way in korean its 바나나 pronounced as bah-nah-nah!! how cute kawaii - in jap!! Well the reason is simple why i'm chose to learn korean instead.. well for those that was thinking because its for a guy.. your absolutely wrong!!! its because its easy to learn, you can learn the writing easily unlike mandarin which is too difficult and i think jap in almost as difficult as mandarin in terms of the strokes. Those two are easy to pick up in terms of listening but not writing, as for French, i know most of the words describing food!! :D So I think learning Jap, French or Mandarin, you probably need to go for proper class.. unlike korean you can learn on ur own atleast till intermediate level.

Well here are some of the stuff that i have been learning mostly greetings and phases, I'm still in the process of learning grammar and constructing the sentences, tho i have been building up my vocab.

안녕하세요 넬리 입니다 반갑습니다!!
Translation: Hello, I'm Nellie, Nice to meet you.
Romanization: an-nyeong-ha-sae-yo, nel-li ip-ni-da, pan-gap-seup-ni-da

한국어
Translation: korean language
Romanization: han-gug-eo

오래간만이에요
Translation: long time no see
Romanization: o-rae-gan-man-i-e-yo

고맙습니디
Translation: thank you
Romanization: go-map-seup-ni-da

감사합니디
Translation: (another way of saying) thank you
Romanization: gam-sa-hap-ni-da

안녕히주무세요
Translation: Good night
Romanization: an-nyeong-hi-chu-mu-se-yo

안녕히가세요
Translation: Good bye (to the person leaving while your staying)
Romanization: an-yeong-hi-ka-se-yo

안녕히계세요
Translation: Good bye (to the person staying while your leaving)
Romanization: an-yeong-hi-kye-se-yo

아니에요
Translation: no
Romanization: a-ni-e-yo


Translation: yes
Romanization: ne

내일만나요
Translation: see you tomorrow
Romanization: nae-il-man-na-yo

By the way, I'm learning to sing in korean :D I might just post up some link here when i'm done recording.. let your ears bleed!!

No comments: