Thursday 8 May 2008

job hunting... sux

I can hear the birds chirping outside my window at this very moment. Its almost 5.30 am. And here I am like a zombie refusing to sleep. Sighh... just when I was getting my sleeping patern back. Apparently now I'm going back to old bad sleeping habit of sleeping at the wee morning and waking up when the sun sets (which means 8pm during summer). Looks like the effort of sleeping early and waking up before 12pm for the past few days was a waste. Anyway you must be wondering why am I still here typing away entries in my blog. Well I shall explain... I got really motivated with the message that Sabrina left on the cozzee corner and also because I wanted my 5 days off work to be productive, I finally gathered the courage to sign in my hotmail account (the one used for receiving job position from various online sites).


And there is was about 150 emails about available job position where each email may contain from 10 to 200 vacancies (so that would be 14250 jobs avg that I need to look through). Because it was dated back as long as March, not all positions was still open. Yes I deserve some spanking. Took me 5 freaking hours to look through all the jobs title. And I ended up with 24 possible position suitable for me or atleast possible for me to fill with my limited (i mean non existing) industrial experience. Took me another 4 hours to read through the jobs specs and at the same time prepare a short cover note for each position to be sent off together with my cv. So far I have sent off 13 job application another 11 to be continue after I have my beauty sleep. Fingers crossed I hope my short cover note was impressive enough for them to get back to me with good news. Never in my life have I brag/crap so much about myself, it was just too egoistic for me. Wonder how guys can stand??


Here one of the many different types of cover notes I wrote, had more impressive one then this tho. But I guess it depends on how much I want the position and whether I was only applying to try my luck. The longer and detailed it is the more I'm putting hopes into getting good news from the recruiter.


"....and I would like to be considered for this position. I believe I am a customer focus person with excellent interpersonal skills which is proven through out my work experience in retail sales as well as working as a waitress in various restaurants. Apart from technical knowledge that I have obtained from my degree, I have given both technical and non technical presentation. I work well in teams as well as able to lead my team members from concept to the finishing product of a project. And last but not least, I'm a fast learner and I could easily adapt when different situation arises.

Thank you for taking your time to go through my CV. And I hope to hear from you soon."



Now this is used when I'm just trying my luck and I have no idea what the hell whatsoever the industrial products they are using. Sighhh oh why does it have to be such a torture when it comes to finding jobs. Its like looking for Mr. Right. What happens if Mr. Right doesn't exist. Does it mean I will be jobless for the rest of my LIFE??


sigh sigh SIGH SIGH SIGH SIGH SIGH SIGH!!!

No comments: