Friday 22 February 2008

having insomnia? read on

If you think your having insomnia, then despair no more... here are ways to make yourself fall asleep as soon as your head hit the pillow!! ok maybe it might take a few minutes at least its beats tossing and turning for hours! :D

1) Have a turkey sandwich for your supper! forget all the kueh chap, kolo mee n laksa. Turkey is believed to have amino acid tryptophon which will help your sleep. No wonder me and my mates felt weird/sleepy after our x'mas dinner last December! We thought we were drugged!



2007 X'mas Dinner

2) if the 1st one failed or finding turkey to expensive to afford, then maybe you could try this method. Wouldn't cost you a cent. Prepare to sleep by deepening your breathing and lengthening each out breath, inhaling for 7secs and exhaling for 14secs. This method should work when stress is your primary reason for causing you to experience insomnia. p.s: Not to be tried by those who has been smoking for years, we don't want you running out of breath do we :)

3) Don't READ before bedtime!!Sometimes reading can cause your mind to be set in a imaginative/creative mode. Hence you will be thinking a lot. Instead try sudoku!

As for me.. i don't think I'm experiencing insomnia.. but i do have weird sleeping patterns, sleeping at wee hours in the morning and sleeping for 12 hrs daily. I know you must be thinking I'm such a pig!
But do you want to know my secret of sleeping so much? Play solitaire! After a few clicks, your guaranteed to be sleeping on your keyboard, i know it worked for me!!


No comments: